Fireplace & Chimney Cleaning – Chicago, IL
A chimney fire can cause a huge disaster in any home with a fireplace. Every year, over 5000 chimney fires happen in this country, causing serious damage or even destroying homes. As you burn wood in your fireplace, creosote builds up inside the chimney. It’s a chemical formed anytime wood burns. It can ignite and cause a roaring fire and serious damage. Chimneys attached to wood-burning fireplaces should be cleaned after every 50 fires, as recommended by fire officials.
Over time, creosote and soot builds up on the interior walls of the chimney. As it does it obstructs the draft. This causes a smoky fireplace and high levels of dangerous carbon monoxide gas. It also increases the risk of a chimney fire. These fires are very destructive, with temperatures exceeding 2000 degrees inside the chimney. A chimney fire can destroy your chimney and even set your home on fire. Chicago Duct Cleaners has the proper tools and expertise to clean your fireplace chimney safely and thoroughly.
Special Price! Fireplace and Chimney Cleaning – $57.00
With any duct cleaning – Chicago Duct Cleaners will clean your chimney flue liner from the bottom up with special steel brushes. All creosote and soot is scrubbed and swept away. We also clean the fireplace’s firebox, smoke chamber, damper, and smoke shelf. Our powerful truck-mounted vacuum unit whisks the debris away, leaving nothing behind. You’ll know your fireplace and chimney are clean and safe, so you can enjoy evenings around a cozy fire.
How to Maintain Your Fireplace in Your Chicago Home
- Inspect and Clean Fireplaces Annually – Have a technician look at your fireplace and all its components with an expert eye. Spotting problems early can prevent dangerous situation.
- Remove Chimney Obstructions – When it’s not fire season, birds and squirrels often build nests in chimneys. That can block the chimney, causing a dangerous condition. Have such obstructions cleaned out.
- Clean Chimneys Annually – A professional chimney cleaning is a must to prevent chimney fires in wood-burning fireplaces.
- Remove Ashes Carefully – Open dampers before removing ashes to prevent them entering the room. Always put ashes in a fireproof container.
- Use Special Fireplace Rugs – These rugs prevent hot ashes from burning carpeting or wood floors in front of your fireplace. They’re a must.
Your Chicago Chimney Sweep Professionals – Chicago Duct Cleaners
Let Chicago Duct Cleaners clean your fireplace and chimney when we come to clean your air ducts. By combining services, you’ll save over 60% on the chimney and fireplace cleaning and avoid the risks of smoke, carbon monoxide, and chimney fires. Our expert technicians will leave nothing behind but a clean fireplace and chimney. Contact us today to schedule this combination service and save!